Responsive web design is the modern trend setter that has altered the ways people look up to business websites. You must eye through the following column to understand its importance and have a sneak peek into the upcoming trends in responsive web design.
Bread does not taste good without butter; similarly a web design falls flat if it is not responsive. Such is the importance of a responsive web design in today’s fast paced technical life. If you bank on any survey conducted on sites that top the chart of Alexa ranking, then you will observe that 88% sites are responsive. On the contrary, it is only a bare 12% who have a fixed width web design. Responsive design is not only easy to implement, but it is being opted by a number of businesses. The 5 most important aspects to be responsive in your online approach include:
Let us take a look at the 5 unbeatable reasons why you should be responsive when it comes to web site designing:
1. Google’s Oracle – The day when responsive web design was included as one of the commandments of Google, wise minds prepared themselves to adopt it. To make your website both tab and smart phone optimized, responsive design is the only key. They have no different HTML and only one URL. With the help of this, Google spiders do not have to toil by crawling to another HTML or URL. Hence, you must not delay further and shoulder the idea of being responsive!
2. Bounce Rate Lowered – In cricket, when a ball bounces back, there are chances that a player might get hurt. Similarly, in the digital world, if you have more bounce rate, then your business might get grounds. Hence, you must not give any opportunity to Google to mark you in a negative light. A responsive design has the effectiveness to lower the bounce rate. Strategists anticipate that, by 2015, web browsing through mobile will be the order of the day.
3. One stop Destination – SEO campaigns must be done in a much planned way. It has been observed that managing campaigns for two separate sites is challenging. If you are comfortable doing that, then nothing like it. However, if you are a newbie, then it is better to concentrate on one site and manage one campaign. The main goal of technology is to make things easier and convenient. Hence, it is better not to complicate things UN-necessarily. Your best efforts will be put to only one site. Therefore, to have an edge over other sites, which are specifically not responsive, you can spruce up a single responsive business site.
4. No Maintenance Hassles – Maintenance is required for everything you own, like as your health. If you only concentrate on a mobile site design, then you would need to take care of it every now and then. In that place, if you have a responsive web design then you do not have to be bothered much about its maintenance. It will be having its own pace and still have a long life. It has a very innovative way of sustaining your web life. Even if an individual changes his device, your web design will be as it is.
5. The Big Need – ROI – today the world is ruled by the barter system. You give something and in return you get something. Everybody hopes to get something big or plenty in return. The perfect example is, when you have invested in your business, you hope to get maximum returns. To have a responsive web design means to have an advantage over others. Likewise, when you have advantage, you can capitalize on that and try to get more and more traffic. More traffic means more profit. This is how you can expand your business and get maximum return on investment. The rate of conversion will also be higher.
Some of the responsive design trends that you can expect in 2014 are:
The typography will no more be generic, flat designs will be common, designs will be smart phone oriented, you can expect more and more videos instead of texts, the sites will be long with lucid color schemes, content will be more and more user-friendly, you might not see the sidebar any longer and last but not the least there will be the latest technology manipulative imageries with more cool stuffs to explore.